Noonday Prayers

TC    I was glad when they said to me, "Let us go to the house of the Lord." Psalm 122:1

INV  Jesus said, "You are the light of the world.... let your light shine before men, 
         that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. " Matt 5:14,16

Cruciform Beads/Weeks

❖1  Your word is a lantern to my feet and a light upon my path. 
        Accept, O Lord, the willing tribute of my lips, and teach me your judgments.
        Psalm 119:105, 108
⚫  The Lord pours out His love into our hearts and His Holy Spirit will guide us. Romans 5:5 (adapted)

❖2  I lift up my eyes to the hills; from where is my help to come? 
        My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2
⚫   The Lord will show us His love and mercy; for we put our trust in Him.

❖3   If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has passed away, behold the new has come. 
         All this is from God, who gave us the ministry of reconciliation.  2Corinthians 5:17
⚫    Let your way be known upon earth; your saving health among all nations.  Psalm 67:2

❖4   Blessed Savior, at this hour you hung upon the cross: 
         Grant that all peoples of the earth may look to you and be saved.
⚫    Give peace, O Lord, in all the world; for only in you can we live in safety.

❖5    Heavenly Father, send your Holy Spirit into our hearts, to direct and rule us, 
          to comfort us, to defend us, and to lead us into all truth. Amen.

INV.   The Lord's Prayer
TC.     Let us bless the Lord. Thanks be to God.

*****.  All items not from scripture are from the Book of Common Prayer in the Noonday Office.

Legend:
TC = the cross
INV = The invititory bead
❖ = the cruciform beads 
⚫ = the weeks beads


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 138 - arranged for use with Anglican prayer beads.

Psalm 103 - Sample from “Praying the Psalms with Beads”

A general prayer